If you’re following me on social media (which you should be!) you hopefully saw I posted a sneak peek of this post.. well here it is, my absolute favourite Easter treat!
I don’t know what it is about Cadbury Mini Eggs, but they’re pretty much my definition of Easter. I know you can get them year round but there’s just something about April and Easter that screams BUY ALL THE MINI EGGS to me! If you have an obsession with Cadbury Mini Eggs like myself, you definitely need to try this recipe I found on Pinterest about 2 years ago. Seriously, it’s life changing and I will never go a year without making these.
For those of you who love to eat cookie dough just as much as the actual cookies themselves, this recipe is also for you… I could eat an entire batch of just dough! YUMM!!
What you’ll need:
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups Cadbury Mini Eggs (I actually tend to add more than 2 cups because really there is no such thing as too many Mini Eggs!)
- Combine your flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your brown and white sugar, vanilla and softened butter.Beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla and mix until completely combined.
- Gradually beat in your dry ingredients. Your dough should be fluffy and soft.
- Place your Mini Eggs in a plastic bag and hit them with a rolling pin, or hammer. Whatever you have around the house. You want to leave big chunks.
- Incorporate chopped Mini Eggs with your cookie dough. Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I always use parchment paper because who wants to do more dishes?!)
- Bake in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 9-11 minutes. Cool in pan for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks and cool completely. (Personally I wouldn’t cook for more than 9 minutes because I LOVE soft, chewy, cookies.)
And VOILA! The finished product. THE MOST DELICIOUS COOKIES YOU WILL EVER EAT! 🙂
**Side note: I used Canva for my cover image.. definitely still learning but loving the extra it gives to my posts!
Let me know if you’re planning to try this recipe out!