I don’t know about you, but something about the thought of summer screams “READ ALL THE BOOKS!” to me. It probably has something to do with the fact that I was a university student for what feels like forever and the only chance I had to read “real books” aka NOT textbooks was sweet summertime! Anyways, at the beginning of every summer I seem to put together a Summer Reading List and the majority of the time I actually manage to read all the books on my list! With today being the first official day of summer, I figured why not post about my list and hopefully get some killer recommendations to add to my ever-growing list!
This year I am completely questioning my abilities to read this much, although there is a great chance I will surprise myself (or fail miserably), either way, I’ll get to all these books eventually!
- What She Knew by Gilly MacMillan
- Into The Water by Paula Hawkins – so so excited for this one! If you read The Girl on the Train you understand why!
- Girl Boss by Sophia Amoruso
- Safe With Me by K.L. Slater
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick – seriously, how have I not read this one yet?!
- Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*CK by Mark Manson – with a title like that, how could I NOT want to read it?!
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero – again, what a great title!
After reviewing my list, I guess you can say I judge a book by its cover, er, well, by its title! I also clearly love psychological thrillers, books written by kick ass celebs (HELLO ANNA KENDRICK!!) and books that will help me take over the world one day!
Anyways, I think I’ve gotten a little over my head since I’m somehow going to read 10 books in 2 months of which are pretty much already full with other fun summer things to do!
What are you reading this summer? What should I add to my list (like I need anymore lol)?!